NTUC First Campus’ early childhood professionals clinched 6 awards at ECDA Awards 2021
Pearlyn Tan, Executive Principal of My First Skool at 997 Buangkok Crescent, received the Outstanding Early Childhood Leader Award at this year's ECDA Awards.
A principal who allowed children from vulnerable backgrounds to better express themselves through art; an educarer (educator who cares for children between 18 months and 2 years old) who believes in holistic development of children, and a principal who rallied her team of teachers to make transitions less stressful for young children. These are three of NTUC First Campus’ (NFC) outstanding winners who were recognised at this year's virtually held ECDA Awards 2021 on November 27.
A total of three early childhood leaders and two early childhood educarers from NFC's My First Skool, and an early childhood educarer at NFC's Little Skool-House were recognised at the virtual award ceremony.
The ECDA Awards for Excellence in Early Childhood Development recognises the exemplary achievements and accomplishments of educarers, teachers, early intervention professionals, leaders and centres that have excelled in their teaching and learning, and innovative practices in the early childhood sector.
This is a list of our winners and finalists for the ECDA Awards 2021:
1. Outstanding Early Childhood Leader (Winner) - Pearlyn Tan Pei Ling, My First Skool (997 Buangkok Crescent)
2. Promising Early Childhood Leader (Winner) - Sabirah Binte Mohamed Idris, My First Skool (80 Marine Parade Road)
3. Outstanding Early Childhood Educarer (Winner) - Nur'Aqilah Binte Abdul Malek, Little Skool-House (On-The-Green)
4. Outstanding Early Childhood Educarer (Finalist) - Lee Lai Yeng Joanne, Little Skool-House (At-Republic-Polytechnic)
5. Promising Early Childhood Educarer (Winner) - Sharifah Mastura Syed Daud, My First Skool (80 Marine Parade Road)
6. Promising Early Childhood Educarer (Winner) - Teo Ming Ai, My First Skool (997 Buangkok Crescent)
7. Early Childhood Innovation (Winner) - 'The Move & Groove' Project, Wendy Ong Kwee Lan, My First Skool (140 Serangoon North)
8. Outstanding Early Intervention Professional (Finalist) - Justine Ho May Lin, NTUC First Campus
Nur'Aqilah Binte Abdul Malek, English teacher at Little Skool-House (On-The-Green), received the Outstanding Early Childhood Educarer Award at this year's ECDA Awards.
Wendy Ong, Executive Principal of My First Skool at 140 Serangoon North, received the Early Childhood Innovation award for her team's 'Move & Groove' Project. The project aims to make transitions between classes and activities fun and less stressful for preschool children.
- (27 November 2021) Straits Times Online: https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/early-childhood-and-intervention-professionals-lauded-at-annual-award-ceremony
- (28 November 2021) Lianhe Zaobao Online: https://www.zaobao.com.sg/news/singapore/story20211128-1217710
- (28 November 2021) Lianhe Zaobao Print, Page 8
- (28 November 2021) Berita Harian Online: https://www.beritaharian.sg/setempat/raih-anugerah-guru-awal-kanak-kanak-harapan
- (28 November 2021) Berita Harian Print, Page 20
- (30 November 2021) Straits Times Print, Page B5
- (7 January 2022) Berita Harian Online: https://www.beritaharian.sg/setempat/rai-pencapaian-guru-pendidikan-awal-kanak-kanak
- (7 January 2022) Berita Harian Online: https://www.beritaharian.sg/setempat/bekas-pramugari-pilih-kerjaya-kedua-didik-si-cilik
© 2022 NTUC First Campus Co-operative Limited.
All rights reserved.